Wednesday, April 27, 2011

American Idol does Carole King

Tonight's show was the Idols doing Carole King songs. The show opened with a Carole King history segment. Very cool.

We were shown that the mentor in the studio this week was Babyface, nice history segment on him.

Jacob opened the show with "Oh no, not my baby". Really good. I like how much Jacob was moving and enjoying the song.

Lauren went next and did "Where you lead". Really good. I like how she performed. Beforehand, we saw that she met her Idol Miley in the studio. Miley gave her (and all aspiring artists ) good advice.

Casey & Haley did "I feel the earth move". Really good by the not so secret Idol couple. ;)

Scotty did "You've got a friend". Really nice. He was given good advice to use a different voice for the song and he did with a real nice result. For those of you who know my VR material, they know I covered this song on our "Desecration of an Innocent World" album so I have a warm spot in my heart for this song.

James did "Will you still love me tomorrow". He did the song acapella to begin, then he went into a cool rock vibe for the rest of the song. I really liked it. Really good. Best of the night IMO.

Lauren & Scotty did "Up on the roof". They sounded nice together although Lauren outshined Scotty. She's definitely gaining confidence in herself and her abilities.

Casey went next. He was solid and had a nice cool vibe to his song.

Haley did "Beautiful". Really good.

Jacob & James ended the show with a duet. That was rather strange since the show usually ends with an Idol performing. They sounded good.

Everyone sounded good this week so picking a bottom 3 is rather difficult if we were going on that and not the past. But going on the past, I will have to say that the bottom 3 will consist of the 3 that have been there - Jacob, Casey & Haley. I think it could go either way but I think Haley will be safe and Jacob will go home. :(

No comments: