Thursday, February 24, 2011

American Idol - Final picks for the new season!

Over the past 2 nights we got to see some more performances from favorites doing Beatles songs and final solos. Some soared to new heights and some failed :(

First we got to see the vocal coach from hell. I know that Idol wants these singers to do good and to see if they can handle the pressure but a vocal coach should be stern but nuturing. No need to tear these youngsters down with crude comments. Their confidence is already shaky as is. Since they showed her as the vocal coach from hell, I hope they realized that she isn't the type of coach needed for this job in the future.

First, we got to see the contestants in Vegas doing Beatles tunes. Here are my thoughts on some of my favorites:

Pia Toscano & Karen Rodriguez - very good
Naima Adedapo, Haley Reinhart, Jacob Lusk - good, sounded good together
Rachel Zevita - really good
Lauren Turner - very good
Tim Halperin, Julie Zorilla - very good
Lakeisha Lewis - very good voice
Kendra Chantelle, Paul McDonald - very good
Scotty McCreary - really good
Lauren Alaina- really good
Casey Abrams, Chris Medina - cool performance
Robbie Rosen - very good as usual

We finally get to see who stayed and who was going home. My thoughts...
My favorites moving onto the top 24...

Naima Adedapo - happy to see her make it, she has that IT factor with her image and voice
Haley Reinhart won me over
I'm a big fan of Karen Rodriguez and Robbie Rosen
I found Tatynisa Wilson cute but she's going to have to pick it up
I'm happy that Julie Zorilla, Rachel Zevita, Lauren Alaina, Stefano Langone, Jacob Lusk, Pia Toscano, James Durbin, Casey Abrams, Thia Megia and Brett Loewenstern all made it!! The girls are really strong this season!

I was sad to see Hollie Cavanagh not make it. Telling her that if she continues working and comes back next season that she can win it is nice but doesn't ease the sting of getting this far this season only to not make it. Hopefully she will try and get a chance next season.

We hadn't really seen Lakeisha Lewis before this week and the girl can sing. I hope she tries again next year as well.

I was sad to see Chris Medina not make it but he made some strange song choices that didn't work. If he can find who he wants to be as an artist, he can be very successful. He definitely has a lot going for him with his story and character as a person.

It was sad to see Colton Dixon and Jacee Badeaux lose out to Brett Loewenstern but either decision would've been sad with those 3 left and only 1 spot left open. I was happy to see Brett make it as I really like his personality and character but I think that Colton was the most talented of the 3. I really like Jacee but he still needs a little more work. I hope he and Colton come back next season.

No comments: