Wednesday, May 16, 2012

American Idol - the Top 3 sing

Tonight's show was 3 songs for teh Top 3 to sing. The songs tonight would be a Judges pick, Contestants pick and Iovine would pick a song for them to sing.

Randy gave Joshua his pick. Sang Etta James "I'd rather go blind". He started off good but I didn't like it once he left his lower register tones. He just does too much sometimes for my taste.

JLo gave Jessica her pick. Sang Mariah Carey's "My all". She did some crazy notes that she hit in a very subdued manner. Very pretty.

Steven gave Phillip his pick. Gave him something to force him to sing with melody. Sang "Beggin'" by Madcon. Pretty good.

Jessica took round 1.

We saw Joshua go back home to Louisiana.

Round 2 with the contestants pick was up. Joshua picked to sing "Imagine" by John Lennon. Very nice.

We saw Jessica go back home to Chula Vista, CA.

Jessica picked to sing "I don't want to miss a thing" by Aerosmith. Fearless to sing that in front of Steven Tyler. Very nice arrangement. Very pretty.

We saw Phillip go back home to Murfreesboro, GA.

Phillip picked to sing "Disease" by Matchbox 20. Very cool groove to the arrangement and melody. I really liked it.

I gave round 2 to Phillip.

Time for round 3 with Iovine's picks. Iovine picked "No more drama" by Mary J Blige for Joshua to sing. Interesting song choice. Good performance.

Iovine picked "I'll be there" by the Jackson Five for Jessica to sing. Really good, loved the strength in her voice and the tone of her voice.

Iovine picked "We've got tonight" by Bob Seger for Phillip to sing. He sang it a little on the high side but I liked the vulnerability of it. Very very different for Phillip.

I gave round 3 barely to Jessica over Phillip.

The Top 3 are probably the best top 3 that Idol has ever had so there really are no losers with this group but if I had to pick who goes home tomorrow I would think Phillip over Joshua but I think Phillip has more fans and it will be Joshua who goes home tomorrow.

No comments: