Monday, May 7, 2012

The Voice finale - the Final 4 sing!

This is it, the Voice finale. The contestants last chance to sing for America's votes so they had to let it all go tonight and they did.

Jermaine Paul was up first and sang "I believe I can fly" by R. Kelly. I love that he let's his passion show. I can totally relate to him through his passion. Great song choice. Wonderful performance. He felt it and it showed.

Carson told us that we would see tributes from the artists to their coaches throughout the night which I felt was a really cool touch. Juliet sang "Crazy" for Cee Lo. Sounded great and confident, looked great.

Chris Mann dueted with Xtina to sing "The Prayer" by Andrea Bocelli & Celine Dion. Amazing performance!!

Tony Lucca sang "99 problems" by Jay Z. Interesting song choice. Pretty cool performance. Xtina seemed offended by the song choice and felt it was inappropriate for the show. I agree with her but her cattiness towards him throughout the season probably didn't make anyone see her point. Her interactions with Tony have been an un-necessary distraction all season and it could wind up hurting her artist.

Chris Mann sang Xtina's "The Voice Within" as his tribute to her. I loved his letter of thanks written to her in the background video wall as he sang. I think that was very sweet and open.

Juliet and Cee Lo sang "Born to be wild" by Steppenwolf. Pretty cool performance.

Adam and Tony dueted by singing "Yesterday" by the Beatles. I really liked it.

As a tribute to his coach Blake, Jermaine sang Blake's "God gave me you". Very nice performance.

Chris Mann sang "You raise me up" by Josh Groban. Perfect song for him! Loved the choir. Xtina was so proud that she was moved to tears.

Blake and Jermaine dueted with "Soul Man" by the Blues Brothers. Pretty cool performance, they had fun.

Tony Lucca sang "Harder to breathe" as tribute to Adam. Sounded good.

Juliet sang "Freebird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd to end the show. Nerves may have gotten to her. It wasn't her best performance but it was still good.

I think this is between Juliet and Chris but who knows how much impact the Xtina/Tony Lucca drama will have on votes for Chris? Should be an interesting Finale results show!!

No comments: