Wednesday, January 25, 2012

American Idol - Colorado auditions

AI was back on its normal time slot and this time we had auditions from Colorado. Beautiful state. Love the mountains. Hope to visit there one day.

Some really good contestants in Colorado!

First up was Jenni Schick. I found her hyperactivity rather annoying. Although I'm sure she's hyperactive in real life as she mentioned, I just couldn't help but think that she brought it up a few notches for TV purposes. I don't think that will play too well when it comes to working with a group in Hollywood. We'll see. She had a good voice, could use some work but good.

Curtis Gray did my favorite Boyz II Men song and I found him ok. He could use some work but has potential.

We got quick glimpses of Richie Law (good voice) and Mathanee Treco (pretty good audition!)

Flower child Haley Smith was a fresh voice and personality. I like that she wasn't afraid to be herself. THAT is cool. She had real nice power to her voice and even though she is still a bit undisciplined, I don't think she understands how good she can be, She has a ton of potential. I really like her!

I'm not sure what to make of Shelby Tweten. She had a really good voice and look but she went on the show talking about her being bi-polar and battling depression since a young age and how the show gave her motivation. I like that she used it to inspire herself and her message to inspire others but what if she had gone on and not made it? What would that have done to her? What happens to her if she doesn't make it in the pressure cooker of Hollywood? I worry for her about that. This is a real hard business full of criticism and lots of pressure. I hope she and her family can deal with it all as she moves forward.

Next up was Jairon Jackson who not only has a cool name but a real nice R&B voice.

Lady Gaga wannabe Angie Ziederman went next and I found her un-original and trying way too hard. I did like her fearlessness though. The show tunes audition was not a good idea either. I did find that she had a really good voice when she sang pop. If she can rein herself in and make better song choices I think she can go far.

To end the night we had Russell Brand wannabe Magic Cyclops. Yes MAGIC CYCLOPS. I like how he found a reasoning for his british accent even though he was from Iowa! LOL! He made me ROFL when he said he had 11,000 air guitars! Now THAT was funny.

No comments: