Wednesday, January 18, 2012

American Idol Season 11 is back! Night 1

One of my favorite shows is back and you know what that means, lots of blog thoughts and posts about every show! Why do I love AI so much? I just love that this show is there to give dreamers a shot at making their dreams come true or at least giving it a shot. I've always been of the opinion that it's OK to try something, even if you fail, as long as you try. It takes a lot of courage and ambition to try to get on AI so bravo to all that auditioned, good, bad and in-between! My label World Conquest Records is always trying to find undiscovered talents so go to the World Conquest Records site and check out what they are looking for. Maybe you can be a label-mate! ;)

Anyway, onto last night's first AI auditions from Savannah, GA!
I made notes on some of the contestants from the show:

I found David Leathers way too full of himself and he had a nice voice but it was a bit undisciplined and I suspect he'll get awestruck in Hollywood.

I liked tap-dancer Gabi Carruba. She had a nice jazzy style to her voice and a nice personality as well.

They showed us a brief clip of some really good singers going to Hollywood. They all sounded better than the first batch of featured contestants.

Then came Shaun Kraisman. I didn't find his whole Seacrest wannabe shtick amusing, I actually found it rather creepy.

Shannon Magrane had a nice voice, looks like Carrie Underwood.

Next was my sentimental favorite of the night Amy Brumfield. Her story broke my heart, her spirit in the face of living in such impoverished conditions really touched me. I wish someone like Ryan or JLo, would slip her $5-10k - just so her and her boyfriend could get themselves into an apartment of some sort. Sweet girl. I was so glad to hear that she had a wonderful voice and could get a chance to go to Hollywood. I loved her boyfriend's reaction when she showed him the ticket. He immediately yelled his belief in her that she would make it. Through thick and thin, they showed what couples should do for each other. Real sweet.

I really liked Stephanie Renae. She seems to be a real sweet girl, she has lots of potential and I'm glad JLo and Steven gave her a chance to go to Hollywood.

I thought Schylar Dixon got a bit of a raw deal. She came in without her brother to show what she could do and the judges made her bring him in and made it more about him than her. That was rather disrespectful IMO. I like her, she has a nice look and a real cool raspiness to her voice. It was cool that Colton was made to audition and brought to Hollywood too. It was nice that the judges showed that much belief in his talent, just wished they hadn't pushed aside Schylar to do it.

I admire people like Lauren Mink who work with people with disabilities. That's a very noble job. She has a strong voice, will have to pick it up in Hollywood though.

Then came Ms. JoyHop Ashlee Altise. She has a good voice but I found her personality rather annoying.

WT Thompson quit his job to audition. That's belief and dedication! I liked his voice. I'm glad he got a chance to go to Hollywood.

Pro cheerleader Brittany Kerr certainly has the look and had a good voice to match. Will have to pick it up a lot in Hollywood though.

The last contestant of the night was Phillip Phillips. Being an emotional, passionate style singer myself, I loved his vocal style and voice. His version of Thriller on guitar was really original and cool too! He was easily the best of the night.

I didn't hear any potential AI winners in this bunch of singers but I did see some singers who can have good careers! Looking forward to tonight's show!

No comments: