Thursday, January 26, 2012

American Idol - Texas auditions

Tonight we got auditions from Galveston, Texas. It doesn't seem like we are being shown all that many impressive singers so far this season during the audition process. I think they are waiting to show us the singers and contenders during Hollywood week that way they are fresh to us.

There were some notable singers tonight though.

Skylar Laine was the first. Very cool name! She also had a very good country voice and seems like a nice girl.

Baylie Brown returned for another try. She had made it to Hollywood week in the past and it was good to see her come back and try again. If she can get past what stopped her last time, she can get far as she has a very good voice & look.

Divorcing mom of 3 Kristine Osorio was up next. She gave up a lot to get there and gave up a budding career to raise her family (something I can relate to) so I hoped she could sing well and make it through to Hollywood. She has a very nice voice with some real power to it. Good to see her get to Hollywood. I hope she does well.

Then we got to see the judges fighting over some of the contestants. I usually agree with Randy but I don't know what he was hearing from the contestants we were shown. He and Steven were wrong in their choices while JLo was right on with them all. Randy and Steven turned away some good talent while sending some questionable talent to Hollywood.

Cortez Shaw was finally the first Top 12 contender that I've seen! He has a good look and I really like his voice.

Ramiro Garcia was the last contestant shown to us and he had an incredible story. Born with no ears, he was not expected to ever hear or be able to speak yet not only did he prove the doctors wrong, there he was singing with an absolutely wonderful voice. The second Top 12 contender of the season! I hope he goes all the way and makes the Top 12. I found his story, family and voice very inspiring and touching. I'll be rooting for him for sure!

No comments: