Thursday, January 26, 2012

Touched by Touch

Last night was the preview / first episode of Touch. I had been looking forward to this show after seeing the very first commercial for it. Another Fox show with Kiefer Sutherland and created/written by Tim Kring? Being a big fan of Keifer and his Jack Bauer and Kring's Heroes, I'm totally in with that combination!

The show left me absolutely blown away. It was everything I was expecting and so much more.

I absolutely loved the whole we are all tied together, butterfly effect concept. Being a huge fan of Kring's work on Heroes, I loved how he tied all these characters together on the show with an underlying commentary to explain it all. I really was happy to see him continue that theme on Touch. I also liked the interaction Kiefer's struggling father figure had with his autistic child, against the background of his being a widower. Just lots of real human issues to work with and touch on.

I can't wait for the next episode in March so this preview episode did its job effectively with me. I hope it resonated with everyone that saw it last night and that the word of mouth is great for this show because it deserves a very large audience.

No comments: