Friday, March 16, 2012

Behind the scenes of my "Que sera" music video

Hi dreamers!

It's finally here! The music video for "Que sera", the first single off of my "El Camino Espiritual" album.

I just saw the final cut yesterday and I must say it was an emotional moment.

This song is a very personal song to me in a lot of ways. I actually wrote it for a former label-mate (Darlene) and it was supposed to be her second single. Unfortunately, she and the label parted ways before that happened. I felt that this song was too good to not be heard on a bigger scale so I took it for my own album and decided to make it my first single as it is a good indication of the feelings I show on my album. This is a very sad song about a profound loss. A loss so deep that it takes you over and leaves you without breath. It's a very deep emotional song and I felt that the video had to represent this. I went through so many different concepts for the video. It was hard to narrow it down to what I wanted the video to show and represent. In the end, I decided on keeping it simple and trying to focus on the emotion and pain of the song with just a simple story as a backdrop.

In case you haven't seen it yet, I don't want to give away the details so go see it now on my Youtube channel and then come back to read the rest of this so you can have a better understanding of what I'm talking about. Then go see it again and again and let your friends know to go see it too!! ;)

I want you all to come up with your own ideas of what the song and video's story represents to you but to tell you a little - the flowers represent the beauty of what once was and then you see the visual representation of the heartbreak and loss on the flowers. My yellow room scenes represent the character in the song naked and baring his heart & soul in the lyrics. The dark room scenes represent the darkness and despair of the emotions being sung about. I will leave the rest of the story for you to decide what you make of it. I'd love to hear your thoughts on what the video along with the song means to you so please let me know by leaving a comment on the video's page and on my Facebook page. I hope you like it!! :)

No comments: