Wednesday, May 11, 2011

American Idol - Idols do 2 songs again

So this week the Idols are doing songs that inspire them & songs from the Leiber & Stoller songbook. Lady Gaga is the mentor this week!

James began the show with Journey's "Don't stop believing". I am a huge Journey/Steve Perry fan and Perry was the reason I started to do rock music so I looked at James performance a little more critically than I normally would. It was a good performance but sounded like of a Rock of Ages performance.

Haley did MJ's "Earth song". Great performance! I did not agree with Randy or JLo. They just seemed to slam her to the point that it was almost shunning her in favor of the others. I did not like how they treated her.

Scotty did Alan Jackson's "Where were you when the world stopped turning". Good performance. Timely. He knows his audience well.

Lauren did Martina McBride's "Anyway". Her best vocal performance to date. Loved it!

Ryan asked the judges who they thought won the round and Randy said everyone except Haley did well. What was his problem with Haley tonight? >:/

Haley did "I who have nothing". Good advice from Gaga. Great performance again. The judges loved it. Haley just did her thing again. Maybe they should've listened better on the first song too.

Scotty did "Young blood". His performance was too cartoony and over the top.

Lauren did Elvis' "Trouble". Gaga gave her great advice. She looked great & sounded great.

James did "Love potion #9". Good performance but too indulgent at the end.

I thought everyone was good so I will go by past bottom 3's and say that Haley will go home but should get people voting for her if they feel she was criticized too harshly tonight like I thought she was.

No comments: