Wednesday, May 18, 2011

American Idol - The Final 3 sing for our votes

Tonight's show began by showing us that Beyonce was this week's mentor. That pretty cool.

Tonight's show was broken up into 3 segments. Idols picking their song; Iovine's choice and judge's choice.

Idols pick segment went first.

Scotty did Lone Star's "Amazed". Was pretty good.
Lauren did Faith Hill's "Wild one". Very good.
Haley did Led Zeppelin. Had her Dad playing guitar which was very cool. Even though she tripped, she rocked it!
All 3 judges said Haley took Round 1!!

Iovine picks segment went next
Scotty did Thompson Square's "Are you gonna kiss me or not". Interesting choice. He did a good version of it but it felt subdued without the female dynamic of the original song. I can't believe Randy compared this performance to a Garth Books performance. That's hyping the performance waaaay too much. Smh...
Lauren did The Band Perry's great yet very sad song "If I die young". Very good.
Haley did Fleetwood Mac's "Rhiannon". Interesting choice but very good.
Steve liked Lauren; Randy & JLo liked Scotty in Round 2.

Judges pick went last
Scotty did Kenny Rogers' "She believes in me". Very good.
Lauren did one of my favorite songs ever, Leann Womack's "I hope you dance". Very good.
Haley did Alanis Morissette's "You oughta know". She rocked it!
Steve picked Haley; JLo & Randy picked Lauren in the last round.

I think Haley has a chance but Lauren and Scotty seem to be the favorites here so I expect Haley to go home tomorrow :(

No comments: