Wednesday, May 25, 2011

American Idol: Lauren & Scotty sing for our votes!

So.... I had a problem with my phone app and it wiped out all my notes for last night's AI :/

So, I guess that means you'll get a short version of my AI thoughts instead. I can just see some of you celebrating my brevity so settle down! ;)

I wasn't happy to hear of Lauren's vocal problems but she looked determined and not defeated by it so that was good to see.

Scotty sounded good doing his favorite song of the season. Lauren sounded really good doing her favorite song, the raspiness actually added a nice quality to her voice. I gave the oh so slight edge to Scotty in that round.

The next round was doing songs that were given to them by their Idols. George Strait picked a good song for Scotty but I felt he had a little trouble with the higher notes. Carrie Underwood picked a real good song for Lauren that I think she would've really done well had her voice been better. By this point she was beginning to lose volume in her voice.

The last round was Iovine giving them what will be their 1st singles. Scotty's song was nice for a first single but Lauren's song was so strong and perfect for her that I think it removed any doubt as to who the winner of Idol should be.

In case you're still wondering then here's my pick for American Idol 2011 winner - Lauren!!!! :)

No comments: