Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cool video I saw today

I saw the video today for Brett Eldredge's song "Raymond". First time I've heard the song and saw the video and the video really touched me. It reminded me of my mom when she was rehabbing in the nursing home. I remember seeing so many older folks there that wouldn't get visits from family or friends. One of the things that the administration at the place always used to rave about my family was that we were always there to visit my mom and I was always on top of any issues she needed addressed. It was so sad to hear them tell me that many of the patients there wouldn't have any visitors at all, not even once a week. They were just dumped there and forgotten by their families and former loved ones. That's really tragic. No one should spend their last days alone and feeling unloved. I want to do something to help this and bring awareness to this, I guess this is my start to doing that. I really recommend checking out the video, search for it - it's worth seeing.

No comments: