Friday, May 27, 2011

Sad news about a great Mets player

Just read some news today about former Mets great Gary Carter being diagnosed with brain cancer. Doesn't sound good. :(

I'm a huge Mets fan, even though I've lived most of my life in the Bronx (Yankees territory). I've always liked the underdogs and root for them so it was natural for me to like the Mets growing up. The '86 team was a great team that is still celebrated today and Gary Carter was a huge part of the heart and energy of that team. Gary always showed lots of heart and determination, many days he spent getting his knees drained so he could go and play that night. For a catcher to have his knees drained every day and then going out and playing 9 innings shows heart and determination beyond the norm. I know Gary will use that in this fight as well and I wish him the best in this, the fight of his life. He and his family are in my prayers.

No comments: