Thursday, February 2, 2012

American Idol auditions end in St Louis

Tonight we got the final auditions before heading to Hollywood next week. Good thing, I didn't find these auditions matching the pre-season hype of what to expect. Sure there were some very good singers and I'm sure there are plenty more we haven't been shown until Hollywood week. Just didn't find these 1 hour audition shows all that enthralling as I usually do. However, there were some good singers today. Here are my thoughts on the notables:

Johnny Keyser has a good voice and look.

Divorcing mom Rachelle Lamb has a good voice. I'm glad she's back to pursuing her dream. No one should hold another back from their dreams. That's not love.

Reis Kloeckener told his story of how he was a bullied kid. Nice to see him going for his dreams. He has a nice voice.

Ethan Jones told us of his Dad who is in rehab trying to get his life together. He has a good voice.

Lauren Gray went last and she is a cute & sweet girl. Her voice grabbed me. From all the contestants we were shown in the auditions I pick her as a Top 2 contender and maybe even the winner. I was obviously very impressed with her.

Next week, Hollywood!! I've read that this season's Hollywood week is crazy, with contestants even fainting from the pressure. We were shown a preview clip and saw some of that. It's going to get crazy, hopefully some of the favorites can rise above it and make it through. Good luck to them all, looks like they're going to need it!

No comments: