Monday, February 13, 2012

RIP Whitney

I still am trying to process this. Whitney Houston's voice has been silenced. We will never hear her sing again and that makes me immensely sad. She had one of the purest yet strongest voices of all time. What a gifted and blessed voice. A voice that inspired millions around the world to sing, to have as their wedding songs, to have as part of the soundtrack of their lives.

My heart breaks for her daughter Bobbi Kristina, her mom Cissy and her ex Bobby Brown. If we her fans are so heartbroken, I can only imagine how her family and friends feel. My prayers go out to them.

I spent Sunday morning playing her music so that my daughters (who knew some of her music) could hear more of her music and truly understand why the world is mourning the loss of Whitney and her God blessed voice.

I knew watching the Grammys would be especially emotional but I really felt that LL Cool J did a great job balancing the emotions of the evening. His prayer for Whitney was very touching. I absolutely loved Jennifer Hudson's song tribute and it was so classy and well done by the Grammys.

Whitney may be gone from us forever but we are blessed to have her musical legacy to always remember her and her voice by. RIP Whitney.

No comments: