Sunday, February 12, 2012

Grammy night!

Tonight was music's biggest night, Grammy Awards night! With the sadness over the passing of Grammy legend Whitney Houston, this Grammy Awards night promises to be an emotional affair.

I was watching the Red Carpet pre-show on the E channel and got sad with the touching interview with Kelly Price about Whitney. Rihanna looked amazing on the E Red Carpet.

LL Cool J was the host and began the show with a beautiful prayer. He delivered the prayer & introductory speech with the right mix of emotions for the evening.

I loved Rihanna's performance. Love her new look!

Score 1 for recording old school garage band style. Great advice by Dave Grohl!

Glen Campbell sounded great. Such a courageous display of defiance to such a horrible disease and fate that awaits him. I hope that a cure is found for Alzheimers soon. His song "Rhinestone Cowboy" reminds me of my mom. She loved that song.

Jennifer Hudson gave us a beautiful Whitney Houston tribute and a Grammys moment we will never forget.

I really dig the whole visual with Deadmau5. The ceylon mau5 was VERY cool!

Nicki Minaj ended the night with a performance that was high concept and very theatrical. I liked it.

Great ending to the Grammys, its music helped heal us a little tonight. I hope it helped Whitney's family heal a little bit too. I'm sure she was there in spirit enjoying all the love shown to her. RIP Whitney.

No comments: