Monday, February 27, 2012

The Voice - Last of the blind auditions

Tonight's Voice was the last of the blind auditions show! I love the first two rounds of the Voice with the blind auditions and the battle rounds (next week!!). These two rounds are what make the Voice so different from other shows and I really love it and the concepts behind it. Anyway, onto the contestants!

Whitney Myer did Alicia Keys' "No one". She has a good voice and a real cool look. All the coaches turned. Adam won.

David Dunn sang "The man who can't be moved". Before he went on we saw how he had an unsupportive dad who just seemed to care about his son working in the family business. A worthy opportunity I'm sure but he should support his son's dreams first and foremost. Just my opinion. He has a great voice and I was absolutely dumbfounded that no one turned.

The Shields Brothers did Billy Idol's "Dancing with myself". One sang and played guitar while the other rocked out and sang. I thought they were ok. Cee Lo turned.

Cheesa sang "If I were a boy" by Beyonce. She showed a real strong voice. Slightly pitchy though. Cee Lo turned.

Preston Shannon is a 64 year old making one last stab at the big time. Damn, I admire that! He sang "In the midnight hour" while playing some mean guitar. Unfortunately no one turned. It was real cool to see him with support backstage. It doesn't matter your age, you should always have someone pushing you towards your dreams.

Lex Land (cool name!) sang "I can't make you love me" by Bonnie Raitt. I absolutely love this song, so much so that you might be hearing me doing it real soon. ;) I thought she was nervous which made her pitchy... she was only ok IMO. All but Xtina turned. Blake won.

Cameron Novack was shown backstage and boy, was he sure full of himself. He surprisingly turned out to be a good vocalist. He sang "You oughta know" by Alanis Morrisette. I was surprised when no one turned and even more surprised by their reaction at his being a man. I didn't think his voice sounded feminine at all. Cee Lo regretted turning so he walked away with that.

Orlando Napier sang "Waiting on the world to change" by John Mayer. He had an old timey Ray Charles like voice which was really cool. Adam turned.

Lee Koch sang "Like a rolling stone". He has a very cool voice. Rocked the harmonica. Xtina turned. Adam wanted to but couldn't because his team was full.

Wade sang "Rehab" by Amy Winehouse. He did a cool R&B funk version of it. He has an old school soul voice. Cee Lo turned.

Adley Stump sang "Last name" by Carrie Underwood. She showed good, strong vocals that mask her relative self-professed inexperience. Blake & Xtina turned. Blake won.

Sera Hill sang "I'm going down". She was really good. She became Xtina's last team member.

Well, that's it. All 48 contestants have been picked and next week Team Adam, Team Xtina, Team Cee Lo & Team Blake go to battle. Can't wait!!

No comments: