Wednesday, February 8, 2012

American Idol - Hollywood week night 1

Time for Hollywood!! This and the singing for votes are my favorite parts of the whole audition process. This is when it starts to get intense and boy did it! Some favorites stumbled and some were sent home while others rose and shined.

They started with groups of 10. Half of the contestants were slated to go home on day 1! Wow! Intense.

I found Johnny Keyser way too confident but he made it through. On the flipside was Heejun Han who once again lacked confidence. He gave a good audition though and made it through as well.

I was happy to see Baylie Brown and Hallie Day make it through.

We were introduced to Jen Hirsh who has a really good voice.

I was happy to see Lauren Gray make it through although I didn't think her audition lived up to my prediction of being the winner.

Phillip Phillips had an ok audition and I was a bit surprised that he made it through. Reed Grimm had a weird audition, it was very indulgent. His vocal sounded good though.

Fellow Bronx resident Travis Orlando only had an ok audition. I was surprised that he didn't get through though.

I was shocked to hear that Ramiro Garcia was sent home, I had him as a top 2 contender based on his initial audition. I was sad to see Jason "Wolf" Hamlin go home.

We were introduced to Adam Brock who showed a real soulful voice.

Jane Carrey had a real bad song choice and was sent home.

Shannon Magrane had a good audition, made it through. David Leathers had a very good audition.

Jessica Phillips rocked it. I was happy to see her fiance with her.

Erika Van Pelt had a good audition. I didn't like Creighton Fraker's audition but he made it through.

Aaron Marcellus had a real good audition. Lauren Mink though had a bad audition.

We were introduced to Jeremy Rosado who was very very good.

Then there was Symone Black. Her audition was very good and she was obviously going to make it through but as the judges spoke to her, she stumbled and fainted off the stage!! That's how the show ended?! What a cliff-hanger! That was a scary fall, hope she's ok. We'll have to tune in tomorrow to see what happened.

No comments: