Wednesday, April 18, 2012

American Idol sings Then & now

The show began with a tribute to the recently passed TV legend Dick Clark. I follow Ryan Seacrest on Twitter and know that Dick Clark was his role model and mentor so it was nice for Ryan to be able to do this. I know it must've meant a lot for him to be able to do.

Tonight's theme was a Song from now and then a secondsong being a soul song from the past. No mentor was mentioned for the night. I wonder why?

Hollie started off the show and sang "Rolling in the deep" by Adele. Great arrangement. She sounded great. Her best performance so far!.

Colton sang "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga in a rock version. Good idea in theory but I don't think it worked well.

Elise sang "No one" by Alicia Keys. She looked awesome and sounded really good.

Phillip sang "You got it bad" by Usher. Sounded good, it was a really cool interpretation.

Jessica sang "Fallin'" by Alicia Keys. Sounded really good but I didn't think it was her best performance.

Skylar sang a country version of "Born this way" by Lady Gaga. Sounded good.

Joshua sang "I believe" by Fantasia. Very passionate. Very good.

After round 1, I think Hollie won Round 1.

Hollie sang "Son of a preacher man" by Dusty Springfield. Was solid but not her best.

Colton sang "September" by Earth Wind and Fire. I wasn't crazy about the arrangement or his vocals.

Elise sang "Let's get it on" by Marvin Gaye. Not very good. :(

Phillip sang "In the midnight hour" by Wilson Pickett. He sang it without a guitar but he still had plenty of awkward moves! LOL! However, he was very good although the song didn't allow for much singing.

Jessica sang "Try a little tenderness" by Otis Redding. A little too much but very good.

Skylar sang "I heard it through the grapevine" by Marvin Gaye. Sounded good.

Joshua sang "A change is going to come" by Sam Cooke. Sounded really good.

I think that Joshua easily won Round 2.

The first round was good but the second round saw a lot of the Idols stumble a bit so the bottom 3 should be interesting tomorrow. However, if I had to pick a bottom 3 I would say that Colton, Elise and Hollie will be in the bottom 3. :(

No comments: