Thursday, April 26, 2012

Results night - the American Idol Top 5 is set

The Queen extravaganza opened the show. They were really good. Queen joined them.

Jessica & Elise were called up first.
Iovine felt that Jessica doing Queen was a mistake but felt her second song was heartfelt. Felt that Elise picked the wrong Queen song and that the Hendrix song was a double bad song night. I totally agree with Iovine on all points.
Elise was in the bottom 3.

Stefano performed his new single. I liked it along with the choreography of it all. Pretty cool.

Hollie & Joshua were called up next.
Iovine felt that Hollie did ok with the Queen song but felt she did great with the Miley song. Felt Joshua did good with the Queen song and could crossover well. Felt the second song was a great song choice.
Hollie wound up in the bottom 3.

Katy Perry performed "Part of me".

Skylar and Phillip were called up last.
Iovine felt Skylar did a good job on the Queen song but felt that the second song was self-indulgent. Felt Phillip's health is starting to affect his performances, felt that doing Dave Mathews was not a good move. I find myself agreeing with Iovine's comments here as well.
Skylar wound up in the bottom 3.

Ryan let Skylar know that she was safe.
Elise and Hollie in bottom 2.
Elise was eliminated. I like Elise. I hope she finds songwriters and producers that can show off her voice in its best light. I will be looking forward to hearing more from her.

No comments: