Monday, April 23, 2012

The Voice quarter finals night 2

Went over last week's controversial eliminations again.

Tonight was members of Team CeeLo and Team Adam singing for America's vote save and to not be eliminated tonight as well!

For Team Cee Lo- Jamar Rogers sang "It's my life" by Bon Jovi. Solid performance.

For Team Adam- Katrina Parker sang "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri. Sounded really good.

Team Cee Lo sang "Dancing in the streets".

For Team Adam- Mathai sang "I'm like a bird" by Nellie Furtado. Great song choice for her but I don't think she reached the emotion of the song. I was disappointed that she didn't do better with this song than I thought she should have.

For Team Cee Lo- James Massone sang "Just the way you are" by Billy Joel. He was not very good for this type of song. I thought he would do better but once again, it was a case of not hitting the deep emotion behind the song.

Cee Lo sang with his group Goody Mob.

For Team Adam- Tony Lucca sang "Hit me baby one more time" by Britney Spears as a response to Xtina's criticism last week. That was ingenious as Xtina couldn't say anything negative without it coming off like a slam towards Britney. Either way there wasn't much that could be said because it was a very cool version. I really liked it!

For Team Cee Lo- Cheesa sang "I have nothing" by Whitney. She was great!!

For Team Adam- Pip sang "Somewhere only we know" by Keen. Nice performance but rather obscure song so that may have hurt him.

Team Adam sang "Instant Karma".

For Team Cee Lo- Juliet Simms sang "Cryin'" by Aerosmith.

Decision time! Cee Lo eliminated James Massone which was mildly surprising considering the crowd reaction he was getting. I think it was a good decision though considering the other members of his team.
Adam eliminated Pip which was also mildly surprising since I thought Mathai faltered pretty badly tonight.

Overall though, Cee Lo and Adam had a tough choice tonight. It wasn't as clear cut as what Blake and Xtina decisions should've been. Good show tonight.

No comments: